Summer is the most popular time for people to vacation in San Diego, so Halloween is a great time to get the best rates and explore the area’s attractions with fewer crowds. San Diego boasts a variety of Halloween events suitable for all ages. The coastal setting is one of the most distinctive features of celebrating Halloween in San Diego. The weather is often still pleasantly warm, allowing you to celebrate outside without worrying about wearing a jacket that will cover your costume.
Imagine strolling along the shoreline, feeling the salty breeze, and perhaps even incorporating a beach theme into your Halloween costume. From party cruises to haunted attractions, there’s something for everyone to enjoy during this spooktacular time of year. Book your stay with Coast to Cactus in one of our lovely San Diego vacation rentals. Our lovely and spacious vacation homes feature all the comforts of home with options featuring private pools, hot tubs, washing machines, and private balconies or patios.
9 Spooktacular Halloween Events in the San Diego Area
- San Diego Zombie Crawl In The Gaslamp: Come and enjoy one of the top Southern California Halloween club events.
- Mr. Jack O’ Lanterns Pumpkin Patch: Find the perfect pumpkin to carve in your San Diego vacation home rental. There will also be festive activities like a spooky maze and photo booths.
- Titanic Masquerade & Costume Party!: Enjoy one of the most unique Halloween events in San Diego. Hop onto a yacht party cruise that will transport you into the haunting story of the Titanic.
- SeaWorld Howl-O-Scream: The delightful sea world we all know and love will become a giant haunted attraction and Halloween party.
- Black Pearl Halloween Yacht Party: Hop aboard the “Haunted Mansion on the Water.” They are one of the top-rated Halloween cruise events in San Diego.
- Trick-or-Treat on India Street: Have a spooktacular time trick-or-treating with your kids during your San Diego vacation.
- The Haunted Trail of Balboa Park: Make your way out of the eXperiment Maze and then through a mile-long spooky trail where horrifying scares await you at every corner.
- Scream Zone Del Mar: Explore a chilling array of haunted attractions this Halloween.
- Whaley House: Embark on a tour of one of the most haunted houses in the United States during your Halloween vacation in San Diego.